Open Government, Deeper Democracy: An international conference for think tanks and policymakers
On 9 November 2012, PASOS, together with our member in Macedonia, the Center for Research and Policy Making (CRPM), is holding “Open Government, Deeper Democracy,” an international think-tanks’ and policymakers’ conference, in Skopje.
Leading think-tanks will co-operate to explain and influence national and international policies, including EU policies, on a range of issues facing the Western Balkans and other transition regions, while building on EU new member-states’ experience of democratic transition and EU integration to debate transition know-how with think-tanks from EU’s neighbouring regions.
- Thomas Huddleston, Policy Analyst, Migration Policy Group
- Vladimir Petronijević, Executive Director, Group 484, Serbia
- Dr. Mridula Ghosh, Chair, East European Democratic Initiative
- Nikola Poposki, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia
- Aleksandar Pejović, State Secretary for European Integration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration, Montenegro
- Andrey Ryabov, Expert, Institute of World Economy and International Relations, Russia
- Jovan Tegovski, Ambassador, Chief of Staff, Regional Cooperation Council
- Juliana Nikolova, Adviser to Prime Minister of Bulgaria
- Ognyan Minchev, Executive Director, Institute for Regional and International Studies, Bulgaria
In addition, the winners of the PASOS Think Tank Awards 2012 will be announced at the conference.
The event was made possible with support from the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Macedonia, the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, the Robert Bosch Foundation, the Balkan Trust for Democracy, Open Society Foundations, and the Think Tank Fund of Open Society Foundations.