PASOS partners translate OGP guide into local languages
PASOS members partnering on a project to increase transparency in the Western Balkans have translated various chapters of the Open Government Guide into local languages in order to assist CSOs and officials in the region working on open government issues.
The translation program was conducted as part of Advocacy for Open Government, an EU-funded PASOS project to encourage governments in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia to become more transparent.
The Open Government Guide was developed to support government and civil society organizations in ongoing dialogues to develop, update and implement Open Government Action Plans. The guide is published by the Transparency and Accountability Initiative (T/AI), a donor collaborative that aims to seize momentum and expand the impact breadth and coordination of funding and activity in transparency and accountability. It is published in support of the Open Government Partnership (OGP).
“Translation, printing and dissemination of OGP guides into each local language will help to increase local knowledge of what remains an international initiative with very little literature available in local languages,” according to a PASOS statement.
“These translations are being made freely available electronically, increasing access to core OGP literature to a much wider audience in all six countries, as well as assisting OGP practitioners, policymakers, and the media in explaining the concepts and the grand challenges underlying the OGP initiative.”
Following is a list of the project partners who made the translations and links to the translations in local languages:
- Analitika Center for Social Research (Bosnia and Herzegovina): Open Government Data and Records Management
- Center for Democracy and Human Rights (Montenegro): Assets disclosure and conflicts of interest
- Center for Euro-Atlantic Studies (Serbia): Privacy and data protection; Right to information; Police and public security; Whistleblower protection
- Center for Research and Policy Making (Macedonia): Asset disclosure and conflicts of interest/Budgets/Citizen engagement
- Institute for Democracy and Mediation (Albania): Aid/Assets disclosure and conflicts of interest/Budgets/Citizen engagement/Construction
- Riinvest Institute (Kosovo): Budgets